Resume Tips and Recommendations
Check out our Resume Guide for tips, recommendations, and guidance to writing the type of resume we are looking for, increasing your chances of your resume being viewd and selected.
Follow these steps to better allow us to understand your qualifications and determine how you can fit our team at RSI
- Preferably submit your resume in PDF format. Microsoft Word or Text formats are also acceptable.
- Submit all materials in English for quicker processing.
- Preferably submit BOTH a cover letter and a resume
- Keep in mind that your resume should not only list your work history, but also describe your qualifications and achievements that are relevant to the position you are hoping to be considered for.
- Include your name and how to contact you in the resume as well as your cover letter. Also, include your e-mail., phone, and city and state of residence.
- To formally apply for a open position, please visit our Open Positions Page
- Please forward all resumes, cover letters, and other employment documents to email@example.com
We put a great deal of consideration into determining how your prior work experience and skills can be an asset for our team and translated into a possible position with us.
- State your job title, employer name (business name), and dates of employment noting reasons for any lapse in employment.
- Provide a brief description of the companies in a short sentence or two.
- Provide your specific "key accomplishments" in each role.
- We want to see concise (i.e. bulleted), important details on your key accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your company.
- If you worked while attending a college/university, either during the summer or concurrent with your course work, be sure to mention this.
- Try to keep both your resume and cover letter under one page each
Education is very important to the culture at RSI. We believe strongly in higher education and appreciate all extra efforts made towards the pursuit of such. Please include all academic achievements and accomplishments including current academic endeavors.
- Provide the full name of all post-secondary institutions attended, degrees conferred, and a cumulative grade point average for each degree received.
- Only report your college/university-level education.
- If applying for a technical position, please include all trade school education
- Provide a brief description of projects you completed related to the position for which you are applying.